Technicien électronique (Houston)
As an electronics technician, you will be responsible for the calibration, testing, and repair of eddy current and ultrasonic instruments as well as electro-mechanical assemblies used in the non-destructive testing (NDT) of materials. It is an important position to better serve and support our USA based companies who are requesting shorter lead times for calibration of equipment.
- Use electronic test equipment, diagnostic software, precision tools and measuring devices to calibrate eddy current and ultrasonic instruments and related equipment.
- Perform wiring, soldering, and assembly of specialized electronics and electromechanical components.
- Analyze, diagnose, troubleshoot and repair customer-owned equipment.
- Respond to customer Request For Quotations (RFQ).
- Provide training to customers on the calibration and repair of Eddyfi products.
- Manage the annual calibration of laboratory equipment to ensure traceability in accordance with NIST and internal quality assurance policies.
- Maintain the proper working order and operation of laboratory equipment.
- Maintain and organize calibration data and test documentation.
- Assist with shipping and receiving of deliveries and support general office management.
- Perform all work in accordance with internal safety policies and procedures.
- Associate degree in electronics technology from an accredited community college or equivalent
- Minimum five years of electronic/bench testing and validation experience in a laboratory environment or equivalent
- Certification and demonstrated skills in through-hole and surface-mount soldering, and rework
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair sensitive electronics and electro-mechanical equipment
- Ability to multitask, employ effective time management skills, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers regarding service orders and quotations
- Basic computer knowledge and proficiency using Microsoft® Word®, Excel®, and Outlook®
- Ability to work in a multicultural and decentralized organization
- Experience with eddy current products and/or materials evaluation equipment a plus
- Familiarity with networking a plus