General Eddyfi Trademark Guidelines
The name Eddyfi is synonymous with high-quality software and hardware products designed for non-destructive testing. Eddyfi trademarks are extremely valuable because they are the standards of excellence and consistent quality associated with Eddyfi.
This page contains detailed information about how to refer to Eddyfi trademarks in different scenarios.
Using Eddyfi Trademarks in Text
It is important to use Eddyfi trademarks properly. You may use Eddyfi trademarks or product names to refer to Eddyfi products as long as you follow the following guidelines. Your use must not mislead consumers as to any Eddyfi sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement of your company, or of your products or services.
Properly Identify Eddyfi-Brand Products
When referring to Eddyfi products, apply the appropriate trademark symbols in accordance with the list of current trademarks.
Here are some examples of Eddyfi brands and their descriptors:
- Eddyfi® product
- Magnifi® software
- DefHi® probe
Set Eddyfi Trademarks Apart from Other Words or Nouns They Modify
The common way to set trademarks apart from other words or nouns is to capitalize the product name and use the appropriate trademark symbol and appropriate descriptor. You may also use italic type or bold type for the name. Examples:
Correct: After you install the Magnifi® software.
Incorrect: After installing Magnifi.
Use Trademark Notices
Include an attribution of Eddyfi’s ownership of the trademark(s) in the credit notice section of your documentation or advertisement. Follow this format:
- Eddyfi, Ectane, Magnifi, and their associated logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Eddyfi NDT, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
Do Not Use Eddyfi Trademarks in the Plural Form
Eddyfi trademarks should never be used in the plural form. They should be introduced as a proper adjective followed by an appropriate descriptor.
Correct: This inspection was performed using the DefHi® probe.
Incorrect: ABC Inspection Company uses DefHis to perform its inspections.
Social Media Guidelines
The social media guidelines associated with use of Eddyfi trademarks are that your social media account names and any and all pages or communities should not include any Eddyfi trademarks. Any associated account, page, or community images should not include any Eddyfi logos. The only exceptions to these requirements are if:
- You have secured permission from Eddyfi through a license or equivalent (though such licenses are not generally available in this context).
- You are using an Eddyfi trademark (not including logos) to describe the purpose of your account, page, or community without suggesting affiliation with Eddyfi.
Finally, any social media account should not use the name or likeness of any prominent individuals within Eddyfi.
For example, you cannot name your account, page, or community “Magnifi Forum” or “Eddyfi Products.” However, it would be acceptable to name your account, page, or community “Forum for Magnifi Users” or “Information about Eddyfi Products” as long as you do not use the Magnifi or Eddyfi logos or otherwise suggest any affiliation with Eddyfi.
Additional Guidelines for Advertising Collateral, Marketing, and Product Packaging
You may use the names of Eddyfi products on packaging, on Web sites, and in advertising materials to indicate your product’s compatibility with a specific Eddyfi product, provided that the references comply with the guidelines herein and the specifications below.
Any use of an Eddyfi logo to indicate compatibility must be done under license. Contact Eddyfi for details.
- You may use Eddyfi trademarks in referential phrases such as “Works with Magnifi” and “For use with Ectane”.
- Do not use any Eddyfi trademarks as your product name, service name, or company name.
- Do not use product, service, or company names that could be confused with any Eddyfi trademark.
- Do not mimic or copy Eddyfi product packaging, advertising, or trade dress.
- Do not use Eddyfi trademarks more prominently than your product or service name. You should maintain a visual distinction between your company and product name and any Eddyfi trademark.
- Do not create or use any logos that include an Eddyfi trademark unless your use is pursuant to a license from Eddyfi.
Do not use the Eddyfi corporate logo, Magnifi logo, or any other Eddyfi logos, symbols, or icons on or in connection with products, packaging, manuals, promotional or advertising materials, or Web sites for any purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Eddyfi.
You may place a text link to an Eddyfi Web page on your site if the text link is not a prominent feature on the site and is not used in a way that could confuse or mislead consumers. You may refer to the Eddyfi company name or Eddyfi product names in a plain text font and format, provided that this use follows the general Eddyfi trademark guidelines and you include appropriate wording such as “This way to www.eddyfi.com.” Except for the link logos as supplied by Eddyfi, you may not use the Eddyfi corporate logo or any other Eddyfi logo or graphic to link to Eddyfi.
Publications, Seminars, and Conferences
You may refer to Eddyfi product and technology names on the cover of magazines and periodicals, and in the title of seminars and conferences, provided you comply with the guidelines herein and the following specifications:
- The publication, seminar, or conference should relate to the specific Eddyfi product or technology referenced.
- Your name and logo should appear more prominently than the Eddyfi word mark on all printed materials related to the magazine, periodical, seminar, or conference.
- A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by Eddyfi, similar to the example below, should be included on the publication and in all related printed materials:
“(Title) is an independent (publication) and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Eddyfi NDT Incorporated.”
- You should include a trademark attribution according to the notice format provided in the Use Trademark Notices section of this page.
- Do not use an Eddyfi trademark as the leading word or most prominent element in your magazine, periodical, seminar, or conference title. You may use Eddyfi trademarks in a referential manner such as “XYZ MAGAZINE for the Ectane Testing Instrument.” Use outside this referential manner (such as “Ectane Magazine”) requires a license from Eddyfi.
- Do not use the Eddyfi corporate logo, Ectane logo, or any other Eddyfi logo on or in the publication, or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference. Special circumstances may merit a license from Eddyfi.
- Do not use an Eddyfi trademark in any manner that suggests Eddyfi affiliation with, sponsorship of, or certification of the magazine, periodical, seminar, or conference.
Company, Product, Service, and Domain Names
Do not use or register any Eddyfi trademark, including Eddyfi logos, symbols, icons, or any potentially confusing variation thereof, as part of your company name, trade name, product name, service name, or domain name. Do not place your company name, trademarks, service marks, or product names next to, or combine them with, an Eddyfi product name.
Endorsement or Sponsorship
Do not use any Eddyfi trademark in any manner that expresses or implies Eddyfi affiliation, sponsorship, endorsement, certification, or approval. Do not use any Eddyfi trademark in such a manner that it appears that Eddyfi is legally associated with your company. You must display your company name more prominently than any Eddyfi trademark on all materials.
Do not manufacture, sell, or give away merchandise items, such as T-shirts or mugs, that bear any Eddyfi trademark, including logos, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Eddyfi.
Trade Dress and Advertising Elements
Do not imitate Eddyfi logos, logotypes, trade dress, or other elements of Eddyfi product packaging and Web sites in any of your materials, including, but not limited to, advertising, product packaging, Web sites, and promotional materials.
Slogans and Taglines
Do not use or imitate any Eddyfi tagline, including, but not limited to, “Performance Matters.”