Mechatronic Technician — Swansea, UK
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of the Research and Development team at Silverwing, part of Eddyfi Technologies with a key role in assembling and testing new product designs to ascertain the integrity of large in-field structures in the oil and gas industry. This role will offers high levels of hands-on time to assist mechanical and electronics engineers to assemble prototype robotic crawler systems and deliver concise feedback to meet minimum design requirements and their assembly. The role also requires ascertaining the limitations of such systems in suitable test environments. We are seeking to recruit a mechatronic technician to assemble and assist in the testing of existing and new products. Product training will be provided and knowledge necessary to assemble them.
Silverwing is a world-leading, rapidly growing business designing, developing, and manufacturing specialized inspection equipment for the non-destructive testing (NDT) industry. For more information about our products and services, visit www.silverwingndt.com.
- Coordinate with mechanical engineers to perform feasibility studies and prototype assembly.
- Hands-on role in creating and assembling mechanical prototypes.
- Electronics and PCB component assembly
- Identify weaknesses in products during development from assembly to product testing and provide feedback to mechanical and software engineers on bugs or issues found.
- Coordinate tasks with the project manager to achieve timely delivery.
- Ability to create test jigs and assist in developing manufacturing jigs to assist with product assembly or manufacture.
- Help develop appropriate and execute product test strategies on prototypes and products by understanding the in-field conditions and applications of Silverwing products and place oneself in the position of the end customer.
What We’re Looking For
- N.V.Q. level 2 or higher related qualification in an engineering-related discipline
- Proven experience in delivering or coordinating prototype builds and first-run production systems within a high-technology engineering/manufacturing company
- Experience in mechanical fault-finding down to the component level
- Understanding of precision mechanisms
- Ability to accurately read mechanical drawings and electronics drawings and schematics
- Ability to assemble PCB components, including surface-mount component soldering
- Ability to understand embedded programming and program microcontrollers (advantage)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A highly professional approach and manner
- Hands on, flexible, and able to multi task
- Positive proactive can-do attitude
- Organised and methodical
- Able to present information in a clear and concise manner, orally and in writing
- Willingness to learn, enthusiasm, high motivation, and capacity to take initiative
- Workshop skills to include turning and milling (advantage)
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a friendly and highly motivated team in an excellent working environment!