Ammonia-based refrigeration systems must remain safe at all times. Did you know that pulsed eddy current (PEC) can size corrosion under insulation and ice?
Book a Meeting with One of our Experts Now!
Advantages of Using Pulsed Eddy Currents for Corrosion Under Insulation
Corrosion under insulation and ice are some of the greatest problems faced wherever ammonia refrigeration systems are present. Pulsed eddy currents offer several advantages over other technologies when inspecting piping and pressure vessels.
The industry-leading electronics in the Eddyfi Lyft® PEC system offer:
- Real-time digital inspection results
- Fast analysis
- Traceability and digital archiving
- No need for contact with the test surface
- Inspections over coatings, linings, insulation, and weather jackets
- Sizing corrosion and measuring wall thickness
- No health and safety hazard
- Inspections without access to both sides of test component
Lyft is a revolutionary solution for the food and beverage processing industry designed around PEC technology.
- Powerful embedded software
- Light, portable instrument
- Battery powered
- Designed for IP65
- User-friendly software interface
International Institute of Ammonia Refrigeration (IIAR)
IIAR is a technical member organization with industry representation from all facets of the natural refrigeration community, including manufacturers, engineers, contractors, end-users, academics, scientists, trainers, and more. For more information about ammonia refrigeration, visit the website.